Tuesday 10 February 2009

Borneo Orangutan Survival Foundation (BOS)

re: Borneo Orangutan Survival Foundation (BOS)


News has arrived which gives me cause for some optimism. The issues raised below are now being taken seriously. Although it will take time for each one to be dealt with appropriately I think we can look forward to seeing steady progress.


Just a reminder: As I have said many times before, my criticisms of BOS have always excluded their Nyaru Menteng rescue centre, whose superb work I am very familiar with and for which I have always had the greatest respect. Nyaru Menteng features on the BBC “Orangutan Diary” and Orangutan Island” series.


In the meantime it is no longer necessary for letters to be sent to BOS or WSPA. I think we now need to give BOS the time and space needed to help the orangutans featured on this Blog. We can only hope they will soon do so.


Whenever I have more news I will post it on the blog. In the meantime, I would like to offer my sincere thanks to those of you who have already written – your personal help has always been sincerely appreciated and for the moment it looks to have produced the desired outcome: Only time will tell.